Monday, May 21, 2012

Veg of the Week

... Yummmm.

I'm posting from my phone again, so please excuse the lack of the Veg of the Week banner. The pics below are of a quick easy breakfast sandwich! I first heard of Gimme Lean veg "sausage/beef" in the Skinny B*tch in the Kitch vegan cook book. I finally decided to try it one day. So I cut a slice from the tube, formed it into a pattie, and cooked over medium heat in a pan until browned. Then I just grabbed two pieces if bread, spinach, nayonaise, and vegan Daiya cheese. Put it all together and enjoy! This takes no longer than 15 minutes at the most. I cut up a few fresh strawberries for a fresh springy feel. Eating vegan is oh so yum. :). Have you ever tried Gimme Lean? The only thing I didn't like it that it looked so much like real sausage, it felt weird! But it was very good, and cruelty freeeee. See pics below!

Browning in pan...


Love Nayonaise!


A fresh filling meal, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!


Shadow approves. If you dont believe her, her eyes will get even bigger, hehe.


~Trying new foods, -Anna (&the Pooches)

3 comments:

  1. It looks yummy!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shadow is such a doll. I love all fake meat... I think I say that all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That definitely looks like a perfectly delicious lunch! There are some really good meat substitutes on the market these days.

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete