Sunday, March 18, 2012

Veg of the Week


...yummy stuff!
I actually made this a few weeks ago. I found these vegan chick'n filets at the store and decided to try them out.
And I also found this at the store, and it had directions for how to "bread" chicken with it. So of course I had to use it for a vegan version!
I covered the vegan filets with a little olive oil to make sure the peanut mixture would stick, then dumped the peanut mix and filets into a bag and shook.
Then put them in a baking dish...
And then sprinkled the extra peanut mixture on top. Then I put it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. The filets didn't have baking instructions, stating that stovetop was the best way to cook them...but I decided to try it.
Meanwhile, I made brown rice and Quinoa.
The meal tasted very yummy, but the packaging definitely was right for not puting baking instructions for the product, because look how much moisture ended up in the pan after baking:
It really was very good still, but I was hoping for a dry breaded feel. I think next time I will try this with Quorn brand filets, because they do well being baked.
I put canned mushrooms and fresh green peppers in with the pan as well, which made for a fun variety of flavors. It was very good both served over brown rice and the quinoa. I'll let you know when I try it with the Quorn brand!
I had made this the same week as Spud's birthday. Here's what we got him for his present!:) Shadow got the pink toy because we didn't want her to feel left out of course.
~More fun with food, -Anna (&The Pooches)

1 comment: