...after an evening out.
Chad and I don't go out very often, but when we do, we try to have a lot of fun! We decided to go out last night. This morning, after a night of a few drinks and staying out late, I didn't feel my best. You only live once, right? Right...
So here's a sure fire way to re cooperate after a night out:
1. Wake up. Chug water.
2. Decide that cereal with almond milk and coffee is essential.
3. Drive to a grocery store with a Starbucks inside
4. Buy coffee, cereal, and the ingredients needed to make Oh She Glow's 15 minute olive-oil-pasta/ . This meal is also essential.
4. Sip coffee while driving home.
5. Chug more water....and coffee
6. Decide the pasta sounds better than cereal- go to the link for the pasta and make it in 15 minutes flat, because that's really all the time it takes.
7. Eat. Feel amazing. Conquer the day (well...at least get through the day! :) )
Please note: eating out of a cute bowl makes everything taste better.
I could seriously eat this pasta every day.
Click the link above to find the original recipe posting. The www.ohsheglows.com website is seriously amazing.
The recipe is easy to adapt to what you have in the house too. Here's what I did this morning:
Yield: 1 large serving or two small servings
Ingredients:1 serving (3oz) of your choice of pasta I used gluten free spirals
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, dry toasted I left this out because I didn't have it. The protein would be good though...
1/2 cup + 1-2 tbsp of your desired heat level salsa
1.5-2 tbsp good quality extra virgin olive oil
2-2.5 tbsp nutritional yeast (gives it a creaminess)
1-1.5 tbsp ketchup
1/2 tsp garlic powder, or to taste
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
Pinch red pepper flakes
1/4-1/2 cup chopped red pepper (optional) I used green pepper because it was half the price of a red pepper at the grocery store!
1/2 cup spinach
1/3 cup cooked lentils I left this out because lentils hurt my stomach sometimes. I was going to add chick peas because I had an open can in my fridge, but when I got it out I saw they had gone bad :( I also had an open can of artichoke hearts, so I tore a few up and tossed them in to the sauce. I like the texture it provided.
Directions as described from the recipe link:
1.Cook 1 serving of pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, grab a small pot and turn heat to medium. Add chopped walnuts to dry pot and lightly toast for a few minutes, being careful not to burn.
2. After toasting the walnuts, add in the rest of the ingredients (except for the spinach), to taste. Be careful as the walnuts will sizzle and may splatter when you add in the salsa.
Stir well and heat on medium-low for another 7-8 minutes.
3. Place spinach in a colander and rinse.
When pasta is cooked, remove from heat and pour onto the colander (with the spinach in it) and rinse lightly.
Drain and then add the spinach and pasta into the pot.
Now pour the sauce into the pasta and spinach and stir well.
Season to taste and adjust flavours if necessary.
You will be so happy you tried this recipe. I feel so much better today after following my night-out-recovery plan!
Don't forget, hugging your pooches also helps :)
~Having weekend fun, -Anna (&Chad &The Pooches)