Monday, February 27, 2012

Veg of the Week






...a little late!
I have lots of fun pics to share with you all from the past few days, but for now...Veg of the Week!

I realize I just talked about pizza not too long ago, but....this was good!!

And I'm starting to realize that when you live in a household that has a vegetarian/ vegan sympathizer and a meat-eater, pizza is one meal that is easy to make to please both parties!
(A vegan sympathizer is someone who is not vegan but who has altered his or her diet to consist of more vegan options, with the possibility of moving closer to a completely vegan diet).

I bought a couple pre-made pizza crusts. You'd be amazed at how many options there are at the grocery store for pizza crust- I even saw a gluten free one! I want to try that one next time!

So I basically followed the directions on the pizza crusts I bought- it consisted of saying to lightly oil the crust (I used a tablespoon or two of olive oil, then sprinkled garlic powder over that), putting on your sauce and desired toppings, and then baking at the designated temp and time. So simple. For my vegan toppings, I literally just used whatever was in the fridge.

This picture makes me want to act like a 5 year old and say something like...

"Mommmm, his pizza is touching my pizza!"





So anywho, my pizza had:


-Enough canned pizza sauce to just cover the crust so there weren't any spots without it, leaving about a half inch of crust around the edge.


-About a half cup (I didnt really measure...I just loaded the thing with toppings!) of Daiya brand cheddar and mozzarella style "cheese" shreds on.


-Then on half I put fresh green peppers and canned mushrooms


-On the other half I put 3 or 4 tomato slices on, and I also put about 3 Morningstar veggie "bacon" slices on- I microwaved them for about 20 seconds just so they weren't frozen, then tore them up and put them on the pizza. And I also had kale...so I decided to tear off a little and sprinkle it on top (spinach or basil would've been better- the kale kind of just shrivled up and was useless lol).





I love to sprinkle crushed red pepper on my pizza....and sometimes dip it in hot sauce too... but that's just me!


As you can see, I like to take a laid-back approach to cooking. It makes it more fun and allows me to learn more about cooking in a comfortable way!

When it comes to desserts though, I have learned that the measurements definitely need to be pretty precise....but for other types of things like basic meals, many of the ingredients can be altered to preference or taste- especially pizza toppings!



~Loving vegan melty "cheese" pizza, ~Anna (&And the Pooches&Chad)

3 comments:

  1. Vegan sympathizer! That's great! My mom is pretty much a vegan sympathizer - she tries, but can never quite give up cheese!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! I first saw the term when reading a musician's "about me" and he said he was a vegan sympathizer. I had no idea what he was talking about so I googled the term!

      Delete
  2. My Momma has a very soft spot in her heart fur pizza! Her is sittin here lickin her lips right now!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete