Tuesday, February 7, 2012

HB 14 progress and postcards

Hi everyone! I just wanted to take a minute to update you on the postcards (HB 14 Update) I made, and HB 14.
1. The postcards have all been distributed! I gave them to my dentist's office, friends, coworkers, family, and on and on. Many people took several because they knew other people who would want one. I even had someone in a coffee shop ask for some when they overheard me explaining them. It was so exciting to see peoples' enthusiasm about them and their desire to know more about HB 14. The people I passed them out to have let me know that they have been sending them in and passing them along. One person wrote on their postcard "no discrimination, whether human or animal" on the card. That's a good way to sum up what this bill helps represent. WOOHOO!
2. HB 14 was passed in the senate, however they proposed a few changes. What has to happen now is that the house will review the changes and then it should be passed on to the governor. I wish I could see the amount of postcards that have made it to the governor's office already. It makes me smile to know they are floating through the USPS and landing in the office of a person who can make or break this bill.
My sister sent me this link (Thank you!) which helps explain what's currently going on with it. http://m.nbc4i.com/wcmh/db_16304/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=xJ5gsNhT
Keep sending pawsitive prayers and thoughts or whatever it is that you do , to support Ohio's pooches and HB 14. Are paws are in prayer here!

No comments:

Post a Comment