Friday, June 17, 2011

My Childhood

...was largely based on my love of animals. I was sorting pictures today and came across a couple pictures that pretty much sum me up as a kid:



Me with Little Bear (the Chocolate Lab) and Marble (the Yellow Lab). They were my buds! Marble died when she was 3 or 4 of cancer. Bear lived to be almost 14. I was 17 years old when he died. I hold a special place in my heart for Chocolate Labs because of Bear :) I love this picture because it reminds me how happy I was with them and there are a lot of good memories with these dogs.





Since the real animals couldn't explore the neighborhood with me, I guess I substituted my stuffed animals. I don't remember that cat puppet thing, but the seal, she was one of my favorites. She was called "Sealy." I got her as a Christmas present.




I am trying to organize all the randomness that I have stuffed into drawers everywhere around here, so as I find pics of Little Bear, I may do a blog post about his life and our time together :)


In other news...I JUST GRADUATED WITH MY MASTER'S DEGREE!!!!!!!! I feel like a free woman!!! Wooohooo!!!! Hopefully you will be seeing more of me on here now!



Until next time,


-The Pooches (and their humans).

No comments:

Post a Comment