Friday, April 23, 2010

This post...

...is really not satisfying. These 5 pictures are the ones that would upload last week...and the other ones still aren't uploading!! Grrr...so, this is about 1/4 of the blog post I planned for...

The weather has overall been pretty nice in Ohio. Chad cut the grass and it spurred a crazy uproar of dandelions... but look at this one! the stem is like, 4 stems fused together, isn't it cool? In my original plan for the blog post, you would've seen the dogs with the dandelions..but it just isn't working out that way is it!?



We also have been playing a lot inside. Shadow is becoming increasingly enthusiastic about TOYS!

She looks really ridiculous in this pic, it's not an accurate depiction of my baby girl at all...but none of us are photogenic all the time, right? (This pic screams DIET AND TOENAIL TRIM STAT!)



This ball is really fun, it lights up! They loovee it if you couldn't tell :) I think they have seasonal affective disorder, lol, because now that the weather is nice they have just been so cheery and full of energy and I love it.



I like balls. Wait...no...I like red balls? Hmm...



I'm soooo happy! See?


Sooo, I have so much to update you on that it will probably take me the rest of the summer to do it, ha!
There was a beagle...I'd show you a picture but, well, you get the idea.
My parents were driving down the road when, what did they see? A little 25 pound beagle happily trotting down the side of the road. So, they pull over and open the door. The beagle promptly jumps in...
There was no collar, tags, or chip. My parents had large signs made and put them EVERYWHERE- they got numerous calls everyday, but none for the beagle. One call sounded promising, the caller said his lost beagle's name was Brutus. But his Brutus wasn't neutered, and the beagle we had hanging out at the house was neutered. What's ironic is, the orphan beagle answered to "Brutus", and only to "Brutus." The caller sent us a picture of his dog, but it wasn't the orphan. Well, Brutus is a popular name in Ohio, so I guess it's not that surprising. So now we knew the dog's name. My family called local vets to let them know we had a beagle with a probable name of Brutus...still the owner never surfaced. My parents also posted him on numerous lost dog sites...nothing. Brutus is the sweetest little pup ever- never had an accident in the house, never chewed anything- just happy to be there.
So, what happened to Brutus, you ask? My grandparents officially adopted him yesterday :) He is the only dog and will get lots of 1 on 1 attention. I feel that he was probably dumped by his previous owner, and for his sake, I can only hope he knows he's now with a safe and loving family.
As you may remember, I started working part time at a pet boarding and daycare facility- but I don't work there anymore. I just felt that the work was too much for not enough pay...not that that surprises me. But, quality time with all the pups already in my life, and people in my life, is more important. Plus, there were a lot of 13 hour work days when I added that part time job to my list...ughh. It wasn't necessary that I keep the job from a financial point of view, so I just had to cut it loose, and i feel good! My other part time job plus grad school is plenty enough for me right now :)
So, SORRY for the boring wordy post. But it feels good to finally get back on here, now that I have some more time on my hands. Hope everyone in blogworld is doing well!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I love their speckled mouths! Glad to hear they all have lots of energy now it's sunny :)

    ReplyDelete