Monday, October 5, 2009

Halloween Festivities

Neither Chad nor I have carved a pumpkin since we were kids, so we decided to this year. Here is our process part way through. The dogs seemed uninterested as they lounged on the couch.

Spuds: Is this all we're gonna do tonight?
Shadow: Seriously? That's all I can say...seriously?

Spuds let out a few obvious sighs...



Chad did a grim reaper (but the part that was supposed to be the body broke off...) and I did Blue! I figured it would only be right for me to do a dog. By this time Shadow and Spuds were not in sight and in the back of my mind I wondered what they might be up to...
Here are the finished products.



It was the only dog stencil I could find online...

Little did we know just how 'into' the Halloween spirit Shadow and Spuds got. As we finished taking pictures of our pumpkins this is what we turned around to find:
Me, a devil? Pshh, never! Spuds picked the costume. Something about it being his old one or something...I dunno becuz this is my first halloween here!




Things are getting sPoOkY around here already...

5 comments:

  1. How cute!! Both the pumpkin and Shadow!! Don't know if it's too late or if you want to carve another one, but I found this this year...
    http://www.bhg.com/app/voting/index.jsp?id=/templatedata/bhg/voting/data/1246979779194.xml&sid=4

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Thanks for the votes!! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable carving! And I love Shadow's costume. What a cyoootie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, you found a costume for a bigger dog! I always wanted to do a devil/angel combo for my dogs but never could find any costumes that fit. :/ Cute devil costume!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @happypitbull: Yea! I think Target has bigger ones!

    ReplyDelete