Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Busy Week

This week was busy busy busy. Lots to do, not enough time.
On top of that, I felt a wave of discouragement. There are so many stories of Pit Bulls being abused , neglected, misjudged, misidentified, and the list goes on. Not to mention the fact that Ohio is trying to ban all Pit Bulls. It seems that for every person trying to fight for their rights, there are ten people trying to tear them down.
So I'm asking, go to www.bestfriends.org and read what they have to say on the matter. They have updates on what is going on with the bill in Ohio, among other great stuff about Pit Bulls. Education on this topic is the only way to fight bad information, bad media, and bad laws.
To help with the frustration, I played with GIMP:

Before



After



No GIMP involved, just thought it was cute
Is there something different about me?



Smells like Spring



Two pics in one



Just colored in the background



I'm not sure which one I like the best, but it was fun! And Spuds is too cute :)

8 comments:

  1. Awww! Spudsy is such a cutie! Don't worry, I won't tell anyone he has a sensitive side and sniffles flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cloud one the best! Don't you just love GIMP? It does help that you have a very cute subject. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love GIMP- I think the best part is that it's free! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spuds is pretty photogenic and i think he actually enjoys getting his photo taken...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I also saw your comment on 3W&W. I wanted to reassure you that the bill to ban pit bulls in Ohio (HB 568) is dead. The bill was introduced last legislative session and died in committee.

    This legislative session, there's actually a bill in Ohio that needs support. HB 79 would remove the language from state law that automatically designates pit bulls as "vicious." It is in committee but has not been heard yet. http://stopbsl.com/2009/03/23/ohio-hb-79-has-moved-to-committee/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I also saw your comment on 3W&W. I wanted to reassure you that the bill to ban pit bulls in Ohio (HB 568) is dead. The bill was introduced last legislative session and died in committee.

    This legislative session, there's actually a bill in Ohio that needs support. HB 79 would remove the language from state law that automatically designates pit bulls as "vicious." It is in committee but has not been heard yet. http://stopbsl.com/2009/03/23/ohio-hb-79-has-moved-to-committee/

    ReplyDelete
  7. happypitbull: Thanks for the information. I will read up on HB79! ps-your dogs are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete